- Neurofeedback (Brain Training) is direct training of brain function, by which the brain learns to function more efficiently.
- Neurofeedback is also called EEG Biofeedback, because it is based on electrical brain activity, the electroencephalogram, or EEG.
- Neurofeedback is training in self-regulation of the brain.
- It is simply biofeedback applied to the brain directly.
- Self-regulation is a necessary part of good brain function.
- Self-regulation training allows the system (the central nervous system) to function better.
- We observe the brain in action from moment to moment. We show that information back to the brain.
- Through the protocols that we run we reward the brain for changing its own activity to more appropriate patterns. This is an intensive process.
- Brain training is applicable to any aspect of brain function that we can measure.
What is Neurofeedback?
What does Neurofeedback do?
- Communication between groups of cells in the brain generates thoughts, sensations, actions and emotions. This activity is detectable in the form of brainwaves - electrical impulses generated by your brain activity.
- The sensors (electrodes) detect your brainwaves to see your brain in action. A computer compares your brain activity to targets or goals for you to reach. Reward and inhibitor sounds (heard through the earphones) and images (see on the screen) tell you immediately when your brain reaches your goal and when not - when you are activating or suppressing the target area of the brain.
- Through this simple method, you learn how to quiet brainwaves associated with low performance and increase brainwaves associated with optimal brain function. Much like physical exercises strengthen and develop specific muscles, the more your brain is exercised into reaching a new more comfortable, more efficient position, the better and stronger it gets at it. Like any new skill, it simply requires feedback and practice.
Neurofeedback - also known as Brain Training - is done through our division known as The Brain Trainer.
Neurofeedback is a way to quantify and train brain activity.The basic principles of how neurofeedback works are deceptively simple.
The advances in the combination of brain science and computer technology have brought the benefits of neurofeedback out of research laboratories and into practical and effective clinical treatment. Today, many clients who have not responded to traditional counselling and/or medication can expect meaningful improvement in cognitive, emotional, behavioural and physiological functioning with neurofeedback.
Who can benefit from Neurofeedback?
Anyone looking for:
- Emotional Balance
- To deal with Emotional Trauma
- To manage Stress and Anxiety
- To manage Depression
Anyone wanting to:
- Deal with Sleep and Fatigue
- Lessen Social Anxiety
Anyone who needs to improve:
- Focus and Concentration
- And manage Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD ADHD all types)
Anyone who has experienced:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Seizure disorders
Anyone wanting to work with:
- Peak Performance!
- And more...
More Neurofeedback information